来源：学生作业帮 编辑：作业帮 时间：2019/06/17 19:34:54
delay: [ di'lei ]
名词:delayer 动词过去式:delayed 过去分词:delayed 现在分词:delaying 第三人称单数:delays
1. After much delay, he finished his paper at last.
2. We decided to delay our wedding until next year.
3. Our plane was delayed by fog.
1. time during which some action is awaited
同义词：hold, time lag, postponement, wait
2. the act of delaying; inactivity resulting in something being put off until a later time
1. cause to be slowed down or delayed
同义词：detain, hold up
2. act later than planned, scheduled, or required
3. stop or halt
4. slow the growth or development of
1. Don't put me off when I'm trying to concentrate.
2. He's a good salesman, but his offhand manner does tend to put people off.
3. She keeps putting off going to the dentist.
1. a pretext for delay or inaction
1. hold back to a later time
同义词：postpone, prorogue, hold over, put over, table, shelve, set back, defer, remit
2. cause to feel intense dislike or distaste
3. take away the enthusiasm of
4. cause to feel embarrassment
同义词：confuse, flurry, disconcert
5. avoid or try to avoid fulfilling, answering, or performing (duties, questions, or issues)
同义词：hedge, fudge, evade, circumvent, parry, elude, skirt, dodge, duck, sidestep